Friday, November 13, 2009

By the way... before I forget to share the latest wedding hiccup.

Our date is officially set and while no money has exchanged hands we are pretty firm on it- Sept. 18, 2010. D being the extreme USC football nut that he is was thrilled about the prospect of getting married during the team's only bye-week during the 2010 season (I think it was coincidental, but who knows). And I felt it was the perfect blend of September; not too close to Labor day, not too close to the cooler temperatures of October.

Until we realized that September 18th, 2010 also happens to be Yom Kippur. GRRRRRR. So I am not Jewish, nor is my fiance. But we have Jewish friends, and now I feel that we have been culturally and spiritually insensitive. There is no turning back now really, and I am sure all we need to do is approach our Jewish loved ones and explain the situation with sensitivity and grace. But I was a little peeved, to say the least, that my calendar didn't actually have that written down. There are far too many holidays for me to remember on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment