Thursday, February 25, 2010

Need Advice...


So our first wedding gift (something from our registry) came to The Man's house today. He sent me a cryptic email...

him: "what is the etiquette with weddings gifts? Should I wait for you so we can open it together?" (Awww, I know, so sweet right?)

me: "Heck no! Open it! EEEEEE! I love goodies!!"

5 minutes later...

him: you ok?


So this is my problem. I feel really weird about the gift. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE presents! I am as opportunistic as they come. But, for some reason this feels awkward. Like that year I bullied my parents into getting me that one gift that I really really really wanted and then... well after you open it you feel a little shameful. Shameful for being demanding, being childish, I don't know how else to explain it. I absolutely love what we got (obvs because we picked it out). Did anyone else out there feel this way when the wedding gifts arrived?

(photo from TLC)

No comments:

Post a Comment